Martin and Deidre Bobgan's book Against Biblical Counseling drew some hostile responses from those who perceived it as critical of counseling from the Scriptures. This resource clarifies their position on that issue.
From the back cover:
Competent to Minister answers such questions as:
- What can believers do to help individuals suffering from problems of living?
- What should churches so for suffering souls?
- What did the church do for almost 2000 years without psychological counseling?
- What did the church do without the biblical counseling movement, which began about 25 years ago?
This book calls Christians back to the Bible and to the biblically ordained ministries and mutual care in the Body of Christ that have effectively cared for souls for almost 2000 years.
Martin Bobgan holds four college degrees, including a doctorate from the University of Colorado, and is President of PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries. Deidre holds an M.A. in English from the University of California at Santa Barbara and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Other books they have written include: Psychoheresy: The Psychological Seduction Of Christianity; Hypnosis and the Christian; 12 Steps to Destruction; Four Temperaments: Astrology & Personality Testing; and Against Biblical Counseling: For The Bible.
Table of Contents:
- The Biblical Care of Souls in the Body of Christ
- Getting Past the Obstacles to Caring for Souls
- Every Believer Called and Competent to Minister
- A High Calling: A Common Calling
- Caring for Souls Inside and Out
- The Whole Counsel of God
- Salvation and Sanctification in the Care of Souls
- Living and Ministering by Faith
- Ministering Hope to One Another
- Ministering Love to One Another
- Ministering Mercy and Truth
- Caring for Souls through Conversation
- Cautions to Heed in Caring for Souls
- The Care of Souls in Your Church
- Believers Competent to Minister the Care of Souls
- Title: Competent to Minister
- Item#: B00119
- ISBN: 0-941717-11-9
- Size: 251
- Length: 8.38
- Width: 5.38
- Weight: 0.9
- Copyright: 1996