Feb 1 2004
Jesus asked, “Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” Matthew:16:13
Mary Baker Eddy (founder of Christian Science): “[You must] recognize that Jesus Christ is not God....” 1
Yasser Arafat (leader of the PLO): “[Jesus was] the first Palestinian fedayeen who carried his sword.” 2
Paul Yonggi Cho (Pastor of the world’s largest church): “You create the presence of Jesus with your mouth... He is bound by your lips and by your words... Remember that Christ is depending upon you and your spoken word to release His presence.” 3
Benny Hinn (televangelist): “Don’t tell me you have Jesus. You ARE everything He was and everything He is and ever shall be....” 4
Joyce Meyer (televangelist): “You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell.” 5
Mahatma Gandhi: “I cannot say that Jesus was uniquely divine. He was as much God as Krishna, or Rama, or Mohammed, or Zoroaster.” 6
Mikhail Gorbachev (Soviet political leader): “Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind.” 7
Robert Schuller (televangelist): “In other words, Jesus had an ego. He said, ‘I, if I be lifted up, will draw all men unto me.’ Wow, what an ego trip He was on.” 8
Fred Price (televangelist): “The Bible says that He has left us an example that we should follow His steps. That’s the reason why I drive a Rolls Royce. I’m following Jesus’ steps.” 9
Louis Farrakhan (leader of the Nation of Islam): “You don’t have to look anywhere for your Jesus. I represent Him....Who is Jesus, who is Elijah? Jesus and Elijah are one in the same...I am that Elijah that was to come and now is.” 10
Joseph Smith (founder of Mormonism): “I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam....Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I....” 11
John Lennon (of the Beatles): “We’re more popular than Jesus now.” 12
Creflo Dollar (televangelist): “I’m telling you, Jesus wasn’t poor, and He didn’t wear no rags....Jesus didn’t have no rags on. He wore designer clothes, honey!” 13
What did Jesus Say?
- I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John:14:6)
- I am the good shepherd. (John:10:14)
- I and my father are one. (John:10:30)
- I am the resurrection and the life... (John:11:25)
- He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. (John:5:23)
- ...before Abraham was, I am. (John:8:58)
- I have overcome the world. (John:16:33)
- I am come a light into the world...(John:12:46)
- ...I am meek and lowly in heart...(Matthew:11:29)
- The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. (Matthew:17:22-23)
- ...[B]ehold, I come quickly...(Revelation:22:12)
Whom do you say Jesus is?
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures , 1875 writings of Mary Baker Eddy (reprint, 1994), 361:11-13.
- United Nations press conference in 1983.
- The Fourth Dimension , (Bridge-Logos Publishers, 1979), Vol. I, 83.
- Hinn, teaching tape, Our Position in Christ #2 , 1990.
- The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make (Harrison House, 1998), 1991, 3.
- Daily Telegraph (London, June 16, 1992).
- Donahue Transcript #08120, 12 Aug 1980, 10.
- Ever Increasing Faith , TBN Dec. 9, 1990.
- CBN’s Newswatch Today , March 6, 1996.
- History of the Church (Deseret Book Company, 1973), Vol. 6, 408-9.
- Evening Standard, March 4, 1966 .
- Crusade , February 9, 1999.