Psychology and the Church - Critical Questions, Crucial Answers is available for Kindle at Amazon.com.
Have believers compromised their God-given "birthright" by accepting counterfeit solutions to emotional and spiritual issues that are common to man? So prevalent is the use of psychotherapy among Christians today that many pastors themselves are either licensed therapists or are the greatest source of referrals to professional counselors.
In addition, the study of psychology has become the number two career choice for all college students. In fact, the popularity of this "science of the soul" is even greater among those enrolled in Christian colleges, universities, and seminaries from coast to coast.
The purpose of this book is not to attack or condemn evangelicals who are practicing psychotherapists or those who have been helped by what is commonly called "Christian Psychology." Rather, this volume acknowledges the value of believers bearing one another's burdens through prayer, fellowship, and the Word of God.
Simultaneously, this compilation exposes—in a biblically incisive manner—underlying concerns that have plagued the evangelical community as a result of embracing what is tantamount to a counterfeit religious practice woven into the fabric of contemporary Christianity.
Some of the critical questions and crucial answers this book explores include:
- From what ancient philosophical roots does psychology originate, and what are its modern fruits?
- Is psychology truly a "scientific" means by which the spiritual issues of mankind may be addressed?
- What does God's Word prescribe as a remedy for the social ills of our culture, and is that alone sufficient for the Body of Christ?
- Can Christians effectively minister using Scripture and prayer by the power of the Holy Spirit, or is professional training required?
- Is it possible for believers in Christ to "eat the fish and spit out the bones" with regard to psychology's foundation in secular humanism?
- What understanding of "Self" can psychology bring to light that Scripture cannot?
- Can the mystic and occultic methodologies employed by secular psychotherapists be "sanctified" for practice by Christian counselors?
- Does the wisdom of psychology point to the narrow way of biblical Christianity or toward the broad path that leads to destruction?
Bonus DVD included with each copy of the soft cover edition!
- To Whom Shall We Go?
- Contending for the Faith
- What Is "Psychospirituality"?
- A Way Which Seemeth Right
- Psychology and the Evangelical Church
- Psychology--The "Doctrine of Devils"?
- Is Psychology Mentioned in Bible Prophecy?
- The Battle for The Truth
- Are We Too "Negative"?
- The Problem of Self-Love
- Contending For-- or Compromising the Truth?
- A God Who Hides Himself
- Love Is a Command
- Knowing and Loving God
- Great Is the Mystery!
- God and Self
- Déjà vu!
- What Is the Truth of Which Christ Speaks?
- I Will Be With You!
- Weep for Your Children!
- The Sufficiency of God's Word
- Science Falsely So-Called
- All the Counsel of God
- The Need for a Thorough Purging
- The Vanishing Gospel
- Inerrancy, Sufficiency, and Authority
- "They Have Forsaken the LORD"
- God as You Conceive Him, Her, It, to Be
- Victory over Sin
- Title: Psychology and the Church: Critical Questions, Crucial Answers
- Item#: B60613
- ISBN: 978-1-928660613
- Size: 415 pp + Bonus DVD!
- Length: 9.00
- Width: 6.00
- Copyright: 2008