- Title: A "Wonderful" Deception
- Item#: B88102
- ISBN: 978-0-9763492-3-5
- Size: 243 pp
- Length: 0.00
- Width: 0.00
- Copyright: 2011
Five years after writing Deceived on Purpose: the New Age Implications of the Purpose Driven Church, former New Age follower Warren Smith continues to reveal how Christian leaders—wittingly or unwittingly—are leading the church into a spiritual trap. And while biblical prophecy is being minimized and explained away, a powerful spiritual deception is being used to prepare the world—and the church—to accept a New Spirituality and a false New Age Christ. This book explains how all the puzzle pieces are in place for the “strong delusion” described in 2 Thessalonians. A “Wonderful” Deception pierces right into the heart of this deception while preparing believers in Jesus Christ to effectively stand against it.
Some topics addressed in the book include:
- How Rick Warren continues to align himself with New Age sympathizers.
- How attempts have been made to discredit critics of the Purpose Driven movement.
- How the best-selling novel, The Shack, fits into the “wonderful” deception.
- Ten scriptural reasons not to be connected with the Purpose Driven movement.
Table of Contents
- Deceived on Purpose
- Saddleback Responds
- The New Age Peale Factor
- George Mair's Book
- Blaming the Messenger
- Schuller--The Real Leader
- Bernie Siegel Revisited
- "God's Dream": A Deceptive Scheme?
- Rick Warren and Prophecy Revisited
- Warren, Sweet, and Sweet's "New Light" Heros
- Sweet, Spangler, and Quantum Spirituality
- Fractals, Chaos Theory, Quantum Spirituality, and The Shack
- The Quantum Leap to a New Age/New Spitituality?
- Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity
About the author: Warren B. Smith is a former social worker who directed several homeless programs in Northern California and served as a hospice social worker in New Orleans and on the California coast. Because of his past invovlement in the New Age movement, he has written extensively on the subject of spiritual deception. He is a frequent speaker at conferences in the US and Canada. Warren has also been a guest on TBC's internet radio program Search the Scriptures 24/7.