Frequently Asked Questions
Parks near the Conference Center
Last Updated 7 years ago
Need to stretch your legs? Let the kids run around and lose the wiggles? Bend has many beautiful parks very near the conference center.
- Sawyer Park (.6) - 62999 O. B. Riley Rd. Hiking, picnic area, a footbridge provides access to Sawyer Uplands Park and the Deschutes River Trail.
- Harvest Park (1.3) - 63240 Lavacrest St. North on 3rd St. to O. B. Riley Rd. Turn left onto O. B. Riley. Follow to Halfway Rd., turn right, and then turn left on Lavacrest St. Playground equipment, benches.
- Deschutes River Trail (.2 - .3) - Take a left out of the conference center driveway, head west on Mt. Washington. There is access to the trail on both sides of the road, as well as a parking area at Clubhouse Dr. Head north on the trail, cross the Deschutes at Sawyer Park, and head back to the conference center by way of O. B. Riley Rd. It should take 30 - 45 minutes to make the loop!
- Riverview Park (.3) - Entrance is on Division St (near the BEND "shrubbery" just south of the convention center). River views.
- Pioneer Park (1.0) - 1525 Wall St. South on 3rd St. toward Division St./Downtown. Follow signs toward Downtown. Picnic area, rose and perennial gardens, river access, walking path, and access to hiking trail.
- Drake Park (2.0) - The "crown jewel" of Bend's parks! Drake Park is at 777 NW Riverside Blvd (along the Deschutes River between Newport Ave and Galveston in the center of town). South on 3rd St. toward Division St./Downtown. Follow signs toward Downtown. Continue South on Wall St. Turn right on Franklin. There is a city parking lot on the north side of Franklin as well as on-street parking the length of the park. Walking paths, picnic areas, river views.
- Juniper Park (approx 2.0) - 800 NE 6th. South on 3rd St. to Franklin Ave., left on Franklin. Walking trails, playground, picnic area, indoor & outdoor pools + outdoor activity pool, tennis courts, horseshoe pits.
- Pilot Butte State Park (3.5) - From the convention center take 3rd St south to NE Greenwood/Hwy 20, turn east (left) and continue just beyond 12th St to the vehicle entrance on the left. Drive to the top for a beautiful 360° view of our area!
- Tumalo State Park (4.0) - 64120 O.B. Riley Rd. Day use fee $5.00. River access, picnic areas, hiking.