Gay Hate |

TBC Staff

[TBC: Excerpts from an eyewitness account of a homosexual demonstration outside a Boston church hosting an ex-gay conference. The personal account (along with extensive photo coverage) is from a Massachusetts family group seeking to resist the growing homosexual agenda which has found a favorable environment in the Northeast.]
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS (OCTOBER 29, 2005) As hundreds of people from across Massachusetts came to the Tremont Temple Baptist Church to attend a widely acclaimed conference on recovering from homosexuality through a relationship with God, angry and enraged homosexual activists converged outside to intimidate and terrorize them.
The all-day conference, titled "Love Won Out" featured renowned lecturers, many of whom had left the homosexual lifestyle and were married in heterosexual relationships. Major themes included theology and relationships with God, as well as practical information for those struggling with homosexuality or who know people who are in that situation.
But outside, homosexual activists gathered before 8 am and stayed until that evening when the conference ended. They were joined by more activists as the day went on, including many who apparently came from an anti-war rally on the Boston Common.
They did whatever they could to harass and intimidate the attendees, including waving signs, yelling and screaming, and later they even brought a sound truck. Some of the activists went up to a few of the individual attendees and took close up photos at them, taunting them personally.
The homosexual demonstrators also set up two coffins right in front of the church with pro-homosexual epithets written on them.
According to City of Boston officials, they did not have a permit to demonstrate outside the church, use sound equipment or props, or block traffic for that purpose.
Boston police, nevertheless, stood aside and allowed the demonstrators to do pretty much whatever they wanted. At times they even cooperated with the activists, chatting with them, directing traffic for them, and finally allowing them to completely block the street. The police department later informed us that there were no arrests, despite the near-riot behavior and the apparent breaking of laws regarding demonstrating without a permit and disrupting a religious event.
On the other hand, police were abrupt and unfriendly toward attendees. As one woman told us, when she asked the police about the sound truck that was disturbing the conference inside: "I asked a very curt, unfriendly policewoman why they weren't getting the truck to move on the road, why they were letting it just sit there, and she snarled there was nothing they could do. It must have gone on for at least 10 or 15 minutes, maybe more."
When the police were asked if the demonstrators had a permit, they refused to answer. It appeared to people we talked to that the demonstrators were given special consideration, to say the least. They did nothing to stop or even control what was going on.
Ignored by media.
In the Boston media over the following days, the only reference to this horrific incident we could find were two sentences buried at the end of another article, on page B6 [of the Boston Globe]
From Sunday morning's "Boston Globe":
...[S]ome demonstrators stopped outside a conference at the Tremont Street Baptist Church that sought to encourage gays and lesbians to become heterosexuals. Some protesters chanted "Shut it down," and one waved a sign that read, "Thank God we're gay."
This was the entirety of the "Boston Globe's" coverage of this near-riot: two sentences on page B6, at the end of an article about an anti-war demonstration that happened the same day. "The Boston Herald" had no coverage at all on this, nor, to our knowledge, did any of the other Boston media (