"The Bible declares that the work was done 2,000 years ago. God is not going to heal you now — He healed you 2,000 years ago". (Benny Hinn, Rise and Be Healed, Orlando, FL, Celebration Publishers, 1991).
Part of the process in “claiming” a healing is called “positive confession.” This means that one must deny physical symptoms in order to exercise the proper faith. An often quoted verse is Psalm:103:3, which declares of the Lord that he “forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.” This verse is taken as a blanket statement for claiming healing from every malady. Yet in the modern faith movement the word “all” apparently does not cover broken arms or legs. There is no denial of “symptoms” in these cases. Yet God certainly lacks no power. Why should He be limited by broken limbs if what is being taught is both biblical and demonstrable?
Numerous examples could be given of word faith individuals whose faith failed them.
• E.W. Kenyon died in a coma with a malignant tumor
• John Wimber and his son Chris both died of cancer
• A.A. Allen died from alcohol abuse
• John Lake died of a stroke
• Gordon Lindsey died of a heart condition
• Kenneth Hagin’s son-in-law Buddy Harrison died of cancer
• Kenneth Hagin’s sister died of cancer
• Hagin’s wife was operated on and Hagin himself wore glasses until the day he died.
• Kathryn Kuhlman died of heart disease
• Daisy Osborn died of cancer from which she claimed was healed
• Jamie Buckingham died of cancer
• Fred Price got chemotherapy for his wife
• John Osteen sought medical help for his wife Dodie’s cancer
• Charles Capps’ wife got medical treatment for her cancer, as did Joyce Meyer
• Mack Timberlake is being treated for throat cancer
• R.W. Shambach has had a quadruple bypass
• Prophet Keith Grayton died of AIDS complications